Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Storm and Earthquake


I woke up very early today… It’s so cold… It’s still drizzling outside. I guess the storm hasn’t left the country yet. At least the streets are not flooded. Where I am, a little bit of rain will cause waters from the creeks to rise resulting in flooding our streets. Yesterday we experience an earthquake with the magnitude of 5-9. I refused to be scared when that was happening but later I was told that Philippines have the same plate as Japan, and we all know that Japan experienced terrible earthquakes that claimed millions of lives. In the past, there was also a terrible earthquake that had happened in Baguio here in the Philippines. I think that was back in the 1990. I was very small then but I was watching the news. The headlines were all about the earthquake there. Many lives were lost. When I visited Baguio with a friend and his family, I guess3-4yrs ago, we went to places where the victims of that earthquake were placed temporarily. Many people claimed that they’ve seen ghosts of the victims there. But I don’t believe in ghosts. We experienced lots of disasters here in the Philippine but I really hope and pray we won’t experience a disaster beyond our means to cope as a country. This storm that we are experiencing now is nothing compared to the previous storms we have faced in the past. I like this kind of storm. I like the cool breeze it brings, the scene of damp streets, and the sound of rain pouring. To me, it’s very relaxing… A hot chocolate is the best to drink in this kind of weather, yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment