Monday, August 1, 2011

It's still raining...


It’s still raining… I wonder when it will stop. It’s not that I want it to stop because I don’t. I just wish there’s no thunder and lightning at night because I can’t help worrying about the electricity. I was awake until 2am. The sound of thunder was terrible last night. It’s like rolling rocks about to fall at the rooftops. My mind began to wander and I thought about the end of the world. I asked myself, what if the thunder is not a usual thunder; what if it’s the sound of heaven opening up with legions of angels and Jesus is coming down to judge the living and the dead? Surely I will go to hell, I thought. Sigh, I wasn’t idle when I was thinking of those things. In fact I was working on some designs. The rains are brought by series of hurricanes currently plaguing the Philippines one after another. The other one, I just heard, has left, and now another one is coming. I don’t listen to the news since the newscasters talk like everything is a serious matter and it’s urgent, even when the news is about entertainment and showbiz, LOL. I don’t like high-pitched voices, and newscasters here do that on purpose, maybe to keep the viewers’ attention. The rain as of the moment is strong, but it’s not like cats-and-dogs kind of rain. Surely, though, it’s causing hassles to drivers and people who are out in the streets. Speaking of streets, I’m amazed that our streets are not flooded yet. Strange, it used to get flooded with just little downpour. Now I can barely see through the glass of my window. The rain is getting stronger and stronger. I think I should fix myself a glass of hot chocolate. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment