Thursday, August 4, 2011

Centurion



“It’s easy to turn to the gods for salvation but it’s soldiers who do the fighting, and soldiers who do the dying, and the gods never get their feet wet…” 

How I wish I had watched this movie last year. It’s not for the faint-hearted, so if you’re going to watch this movie be very prepared for the gory parts where blood is gushing as the heads are smashed or cut, throats are slashed… It’s full of suspense as the Centurions are trying to stay alive; fleeing from their pursuers, and make it back home to their fellowmen. One of my favorite characters is General Titus Flavius Virilus (played by Dominic West). He always thinks of the welfare of his men. It’s a very admirable trait of a leader. Unfortunately not all leaders are like that as can also be seen in the movie. The casting is good, I must say, but I have to admit that some cast don’t look Roman or Greek and the language used is modern English. But I will recommend this movie to anyone. It’s a very good watch. You will never get bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment