Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What is up with dying at age 27?




It’s strange… it seems like a lot of celebrities die at age 27. It’s morbid. The very first one I heard was about Kurt Cobain’s death. He committed suicide. Second one is Amy Winehouse’s, who may have, or may not have, deliberately committed suicide. Either way, she was slowly leading herself to early death and whether she knew it or not, her demise was expected. Now it’s Rick Rypien, an NHL hockey player, although, it’s not yet confirmed if he committed suicide or not. He’s, apparently, the newest member of the 27 Club. Oh, before I go on, just right after I typed the name “Rick Rypien”, I went to check what’s on the news again, only to find out that another person died. It’s the ex-husband of Taylor Armstrong (one of the stars of the reality TV “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills”), Russell Armstrong. Russell Armstrong died at 47… 20 years older compared to the celebrities I mentioned above but, still, his death is as tragic. The police’s conclusion for the meantime is that he, too, committed suicide. It saddens me when someone commits suicide, whether I know the person or not. Suicide seems to be the trend among celebrities. I'm not saying that in a cold-hearted way but, it sure is a mystery why, although, just imagining the things they must have had gone through, as to have pushed them to that decision, is beyond me. Most of us have gone to a suicidal phase, I think, and had gotten over it but, a lot have actually committed suicide. It’s terrible. One of my favorite actresses also committed suicide. Her screen name was Capuccine. She was a very beautiful woman and very talented, too. She jumped from her eighth-floor apartment. I’ve watched some of her movies and she was really a very good singer. It’s a very sad event when things like suicide happen, especially to the people immediately affected by it, and definitely the persons, themselves, who are victims of it. May they rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment